Follow the Giro [Short]
This is the most difficult of Grand Tours in the most beautiful country in the world! Again, the 2015 Giro will include many difficult mountain stages making it virtually impossible to know the outcome prior to the last race day. With Wilier Ways, you will witness live the most decisive stages of the Corsa Rosa (the Pink Race). We’ll ride trough 3 different italian regions: Lombardia, Valle D’Aosta and Piedmont! We’ll ride on tons of Famous climbs and we’ll watch live 5 Giro stages: Aprica, Verbania, Cervinia, Colle delle Finestre and Milano!
Book now as there are limited spots!
Sondrio to Laveno
Main Route: 120km – 76mi
Total Ascent: 1700m – 5800ft
Oggi pedaleremo lungo la Valtellina, poi intorno al lago di Como per finire sulla sponda est del Lago Maggiore.
Laveno loop to Verbania (Giro Stage)
Main Route: 77km – 50mi
Total Ascent: 2200m – 7200ft
Una giornata corta ma spettacolare. Attraverseremo il lago Maggiore con il traghetto e poi scaleremo la durissima salita di Piancavallo prima dei corridori, per poi vederli passare sulle rampe al 14%!
Laveno to Cervinia (Giro Stage)
Main Route: 80km – 50mi (by bus to Ivrea)
Total Ascent: 1600m – 5200ft
Dopo un transfer di 2 ore fino a Ivrea, pedaleremo fino a Cervinia per goderci un altra o arrivo in salita a 2000 mt!
Cervinia to Colle delle Finestre (Giro Stage)
Main Route: 140km – 86mi (transfer to
Total Ascent: 2500m – 8200ft
Un altro corto transfer fino a Torino da dove poi pedaleremo fino al leggendario colle delle finestre con i sioi 10 km di strada sterrata! l’ultimo arrivo in salita del Giro…chi indosserà la maglia rosa?
Torino to Milano (Giro Stage)
Main Route: 35km – 23mi
Total Ascent: 300m – 500ft
Pedaleremo in mattinata per vedere la partenza dell’ultima tappa del Giro, per poi trasferitici in treno fino al centro di Milano dove vedremo il circuito finale e la cerimonia di premiazione!
Included / not included in the tour cost
Included in tour cost:
- Internal transfer on luxury minivan
- Min 3 usually 4 stars hotel accommodation with breakfast
- 1 welcome lunch
- 4 dinners
- 2 bilingual guides
- Garmin 800 navigation on the bikes
- Mechanical assistance on the road
- Sport food and snacks during the ride
- WilierWays cycling kit
- Full informative book of the tour
- Visit of Wilier Triestina factory
- Visit of Gaerne factory
- Wine & Cheeses tastings
Not included in tour cost:
- Wine & Extras
- Transfers from / to airport
- All what is not specified in the program details
Date: from 27 may to 1 june 2015
Terrein: Hilly – Mouuntainous
Daily distance: approx 70-120km / 45 – 75 mi
Daily ascent: approx 1000- 2500m / 3000 – 7500 ft
Main route: approx 500km / 320 mi
Total ascent: approx 7500m / 25,000 ft
Hotels: 3/4 stars in twin room
Bike rent: Wilier GTR at 200 €
Recommended Arrival Airport: Milano
Recommended Departure Airport: Milano
Places: min 6 max 12
Cost: € 2,750* in twin room (single supplement 400 €)
* If you recruit some friends or motivate a group to join you on tour, not only could you be with your best mates on the trip of your lives, but you can also save on the cost of your tour:
· If you bring 4 or 5 people on tour, you as Group Leader, get a 20% discount.
· If you bring 6 or 7 people on tour, you as Group Leader, get a 50% discount.
· If you bring 8 or 9 people on tour, you as Group Leader, get a 75% discount.
· If you bring 10 or more people on tour, you as Group Leader, go on tour Free!
Look for team mates
Share this page in Facebook, Twitter or e-mail